Cake yarn - what is it?
Cake yarn - what is it? ?
Have you ever wondered what does "cake yarn" mean, the ones we offer in our Yarn Sweet Shop? Now its the time to find out.
Cake yarn is the fashionable name for yarn in cylindrical or truncated conical shape:
- which consists of one or several threads, loosely doubled, twisted, knitted or connected by another technology
What are the benefits of a Cake yarn?- you get to knit your creative projects with a designer yarn at affordable price and with a sufficient amount of yarn for a whole product ( example 1 cake = 1 shawl).
- you get several pre-matched colors / 3, 5, or more / of yarn, which is more economical than buying individual balls in many colors.
- you can start knitting from the center, in which case the cake stays fixed, the yarn does not get entangled..
- you can see in advance the color arrangements, designed by professionals, with no risk of unpleasant surprises.
- by choosing to knit with a cake yarn, you embark on an adventure led only by colorful magic of the threads
- while knitting with a cake yarn, you have the chance to find your balance by using appropriate spiritual practices - meditation with knitting in the round, making traditional prayer shawls or just relaxing
- thanks to the attractive color ranges of Stenli cake yarns, you can provoke your own creativity, ingenuity and craftsmanship by using new designs, cuts and patterns
- ecological factor - knitting with no leftovers - a major advantage when we feel responsible for reducing excess waste and preserving nature
-positive economic effect - reductions of surpluses and wastes from different batches at retail stores
What types of cakes are there?
Used with voluminous, soft and thin acrylic threads and wool blends, mohair, alpaca, merino, which are perfect together and form a smooth and soft knitting. Ideal for soft shawls and scarves, pullovers. But no ideal for beginner knitters, because the threads are not twisted. Example - Muffin, Muffin Fresh, Baby Muffin, Muffin Mini Lux, Panna Cotta from the Stenli Sweet Shop. They are usually of great length / up to 2000 m /.
- FANCY CAKES - color transitions over long distances with multiple threads, connected and joined using a different technology then the classic twisting /onde, boucle, knitting, crochet, velvet, plush, eye lashes/
- FANCY FLUFFY CAKES - ideal for warm light shawls, covers, cardigans, blankets - Pudding and Mini Pudding, Graffiti, Melba from the Stenli Sweet Shop
In addition, you will know that you have made a small contribution to the protection of our planet Earth.
The responsibility for the future of humanity is in the hands of each of us.
Choose to knit with a cake yarn to show your responsibility and you will receive a reward - pleasure and aesthetic delight.
Patterns for Cake yarns:
Lost in time - HERE